Tour 8 days. Marrakech, Zagora, Ouzina and Merzouga
Day 1: Marrakech
- Welcome to “The Red Pearl of the South: Marrakech”!
- Upon arrival of your flight, your driver will receive you to drive you to your riad
Day 2: Marrakech, cultural visit
- After breakfast, our official local guide will pick you up to discover the most important, monumental, cultural and historical areas of Marrakech. It will provide interesting dates and information to learn about this huge city and Morocco in general
- When the visit is over, you will have free time to walk around Marrakech, a good time to take advantage and practice the art of haggling. We recommend walking through the streets, labyrinths and passageways of Marrakech to discover new alleys where, although it may seem strange, you will realize that tranquility and silence is just one step away from the busy Jmaa el Fna Square. Accommodation in Marrakesh
Day 3: Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Draa Valley – Zagora
- After breakfast, start of the trip to the Great South. We will cross the High Atlas, which is the highest and most extensive mountain range in Morocco, crowned by the Tizi-N-Tichka peak at an altitude of 2,260 meters. This route is also known as the Ruta de los Pastos, and has impressive mountain landscapes. We will stop at Ait Ben Haddou, and visit its Ksar, one of the best preserved in all of North Africa and declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. Films such as Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator or the Kingdom of Heaven have been shot here
- Later we will arrive at Ouarzazate and we will make a panoramic visit of the city, located on top of a great plateau and also known as the Hollywood of the African continent. Ouarzazate was an old military garrison and today is the administrative capital of the Drâa Valley. We will continue our way along the so-called Oasis route and we will cross Ait Saoun and its 1,660-meter mountain pass, Tizi-N-Tinififft. Its orography frequently evokes impressive lunar landscapes
- We continue through the Drâa Valley, 200 kilometers of palm groves that make this route one of the most beautiful in Morocco. In the past, this valley was used by countless commercial caravans from Black Africa
- We arrive at Zagora, considered the gate of the desert as its sign “Toumbuctu 52 days” indicates
- Accommodation in a charming riad
Day 4: Zagora – Track of the old Paris Dakar Rally – Ouzina Desert “198 Kilometers of spectacular desert track”
- We begin our second day of travel in the great south of Morocco. This route will allow us to discover the splendor of the palm grove of the Draa river. In addition, this day we will cover a spectacular stage, along the track that was used in the Paris-Dakar Rally. We will cross the desert area of the Draa Valley and the Oumjran plateaus. We will pass through a multitude of Berber villages and we will visit the hamadas and Ergs of the black desert
- In the afternoon we arrive at the dunes of Erg Ouzina where we can contemplate the sublime sunset from the great dune, and then we will go down to our accommodation that is located in the middle of the desert, the Riad Ouzina TGM, your house in the desert and unique Riad of the world nominated as Starlight for its approach to Sustainable Tourism and stargazing.
Day 5: Ouzina Desert – Ouzina Village – Khamlia – Erg Chebbi Dunes – Merzouga
- In the morning we will leave for the town of Ouzina where only 14 nomadic families live in mud and adobe houses. We will visit the bread oven and finish with a family tea. Next, we will continue to the town of Khamlia, we will make a stop to enjoy their African percussions that make up their Gnawa spiritual music. Now we will go to the Erg Chebbi dunes, where we will do the great Erg Chebbi Tour. In the afternoon we arrive at the accommodation and exchange the 4×4 for our dromedaries on which we will go to enjoy the sunset and spend the night in the middle of the dunes.
- Dinner and accommodation in a luxury tent camp with private bathroom.
Day 6: Erg Chebbi – Rissani – Erfoud – Todra Gorge – Dades Valley
- We suggest getting up early to enjoy the sunrise at the top of the great dune. After breakfast we will return in the 4×4 to the city of Rissani. A walk through the economic capital of the Moroccan south visiting its authentic and colorful souk
- Next, we will continue towards the Todra gorge, a spectacular valley formed by rock walls that reach 300 m in height, we will make a profitable visit to the area. Now we will continue to the beautiful surroundings of the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and overnight
Day 7: Valley of Dades-Valley of Roses- Valley of 1000 kasbahs – Marrakech
- Today, our final destination will be Marrakech, but first we will have contemplated the beautiful Valley of Rosas. We will see some famous kasbahs like kasbah Itrane and Kasbah Amridil. afterAfter we will return to the port of Tichka to Marrakech. Transfer to your riad
Day 8: Marrakech – transfer to the airport
- At the agreed time, your driver will pick you up at your riad to transfer you to the airport.
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado type 4×4 vehicle
- Complimentary bottled water in cars
- Local SIM card for data, one per car
- Accompanying driver in your own language
- Dromedary ride, one dromedary per person
- Night in a fully equipped tent with a private bathroom.
- Private city tour in Marrakech
- Visit inside the Kasbah Amridil in the palm grove of Skoura
- Meals of half board, breakfast and dinner. In Marrakech, breakfast only
Does not include:
- Noon meals or drinks at dinner
- Tickets and paying visits