4 days return tour from Marrakech to Sahara desert at Merzouga
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Ouarzazate – Roses Valley – Dades Gorges and Valley
- Early in the morning departure from the agreed place in Marrakech to Ouarzazate through the High Atlas Mountains. We will make small stops on the way to approach the beautiful landscapes that surround us and see multitude of authentic Berber villages.
- In the Ounila Valley we will visit the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, a 13th century fortified village classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. We will walk through its beautiful and intricate interior that has been the scene of numerous films.
- Continuation of the trip to Ouarzazate
- We will follow the Valley of the Roses, with stops to take photos until we reach the Dades Valley. In this place, with a singular geology, we will enjoy impressive views. Dinner and overnight in riad.
Day 2: Dades Valley- Todra Gorges- Tafraoute – Ramlia – Ouzina Desert
- After breakfast, we will depart from the Dades Valley towards the Todra Gorges, enter the 14 km long Todra Valley and take a pleasant walk through its interior.
- Then we leave by the road towards the south crossing Berber villages, we will drive by the tracks of the old Rally Paris Dakar and we will visit the village of Ramlia to arrive at the village of Ouzina. Ouzina is a Berber village in a spectacular setting very close to the Algerian border.
- Dinner and overnight at the Riad Ouzina TGM→
Day 3: Ouzina Desert- Merzouga Desert – Erg Chabbi
- After breakfast, visit to the village of Ouzina, spend a few moments with the inhabitants, visit the Berber oven and orchards of the village where its inhabitants live.
- Then we will leave the village and we will go to locate in the desert a nomadic family, have tea with them and learn something more about their lives so different from ours and they will make us know the culture of nomads and how they live in the desert.
- We will say goodbye to the nomadic family and go to Erg Chebbi in the desert of Merzouga with the 4×4 again by the old track of the Rally Paris Dakar.
- Before arriving at the village of Merzouga we will pass through the village of Khamlia, the black people of southern Africa, there we will have lunch with “Pizza Bereber” and listen to Gnawa spiritual music.
- Now some camels will take us to the tent camp, during the ride we will enjoy the impressive sunset over the large dunes of Erg Chebbi.
- Once in the camp and after a delicious dinner, you will have the opportunity to attend a traditional Berber music show while observing the firmament in the impressive Sahara desert. we will spend the night in a tent fully equipped with private bathroom
Day 4: Merzouga – Rissani – Nkob – Draa Valley- Anti Atlas – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
- This day we will get up early to see the sunrise in the desertAfter sunrise and after breakfast, we will return with the camels to the vehicles
- Beginning the way back to Marrakech through Rissani, next to the old Sijilmassa, origin of the Alaouite dynasty that currently reigns in Morocco
- Then we will go through the Berber villages of Alnif and N’Kob and through the Draa Valley to Agdez, where we will have lunch.
- We will continue to Marrakech through the mountains of the High Atlas.
- We will arrive in Marrakech late in the afternoon.
- All terrain vehicle recently registered, usually Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- A companion driver in your language (Castilian, English, French, German, Arabic, Tamazigh)
- Wifi and coirtesia water in the vehicles
- Dromedary ride, one dromedary per person
- Night in Berber tent fully equipped and with private bathroom
- Food regime of half board (breakfast and dinner)
- Accommodation in single, double, triple, quadruple, family room (according to your needs).
Do not include:
- Drink at dinners
- Tickets and pay visits
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Write to us and we will contact you to offer you a completely tailor-made trip.