Route 7 days Marrakech to the Desert – Great Sahara of Morocco
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley
- Eating on the route from the city of Marrakech at the place and time agreed with your driver
- We will head towards the High Atlas, making small stops along the way to get closer to the beautiful landscapes and authentic Berber villages
- The first visit will be the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, a 13th century fortress classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. In addition to its incomparable beauty, in this place where many great movies were filmed such as Gladiator, The Kingdom of Heaven and many more
- Then we will go along the Route of the Thousand Kasbahs to the town of Boumalne Dades in the Dades River Valley
- Dinner and accommodation in the riad
Day 2: Dades Gorge – Tenghir – Todra Gorge – Tinjdad – Jarf – Erfoud – Rissani – Merzouga
- After breakfast, your driver will drive you to the town of Tingherir to visit the Todra River Gorges
- Once we have enjoyed this spectacular setting we will head towards the Sahara desert in Merzouga, on the way we will pass through Berber villages such as Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud where we will begin to feel the beginning of the Sahara oasis in Tafilalet
- Dinner and accommodation in a riad near the desert dunes
Day 3: Merzouga – Khalmia – Erg Chabbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast, we will go to explore small villages near Erg Chebbi dunes like (Hassilabied, Merdani, Khamlia, M’fis
- In Khamlia we will be welcomed with tea while we will enjoy the spiritual music called Gnawa that the inhabitants of this town preserve
- After Khamlia we will stop to see the panoramic view of the golden dunes near the border with Algeria, we can stop for lunch under an acacia before continuing and visit a nomadic family living in Berber tents and tending their herds of goats and camels
- We will chat with the family having the opportunity to learn about their lifestyle while we enjoy a cup of tea.
- After this we can visit volcanic rock sites and Jazmina lake, combining a panoramic view of dunes and lake (in spring)
- Then we return to Merzouga where some dromedaries will take us to the luxury tent camp with private bathroom where we will have dinner and spend the night. When we arrive at the camp we can take the Sand Surf and walk towards the highest dune to see the sunset
Day 4: Merzouga – Taouz – Ramlia – Alnif – Tazarrine – N Kob – Ouarzazate
- Breakfast. We will return to the asphalt to start the way back towards the High Atlas
- We will visit Rissani, cradle of the Alawite family and then we will reach towns like Alnif, Nkob and the impressive Draa Valley
- We arrive in Ouarzazate in the afternoon. Dinner and accommodation in Ouarzazate
Day 5: Ouarzazate – High Atlas – Marrakech
- After breakfast, we will make a panoramic visit to Ouarzazate
- We will cross the High Atlas, crossing the highest port in Morocco, the Tizn Tichka at 2,260 masl, which offers impressive views of the valleys, mountains and Berber villages. Arrival in Marrakech in the afternoon.
Day 6: Marrakech
- Breakfast. Our official local guide will pick you up at your accommodation to start a private tour of the city. Rest of the day free after the visit. Accommodation
Day 7: Marrakesh
- Breakfast. At the agreed time, transfer to the airport.
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado type 4×4 vehicle
- Complimentary bottled water in cars
- Local SIM card for data, one per car
- Accompanying driver in your own language
- Dromedary ride, one dromedary per person
- Night in a fully equipped tent with a private bathroom.
- Meals of half board, breakfast and dinner. Marrakech only breakfast
Does not include:
- Noon meals or drinks at dinner
- Tickets and paying visits
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Write to us and we will contact you to offer you a completely tailor-made trip.