OUR ROUTES FROM MARRAKECH
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley
- Departure from Marrakech at 8:00 am
- Departure from Marrakech to Ouarzazate.
- Through the Atlas mountains, we will make small stops on the way to approach the beautiful landscapes and authentic Berber villages.
- The first visit will be the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a 13th century fortress classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, a place where many great films were shot such as Gladiator, The Kingdom of Heaven, etc.
- Afterwards, we will go to the Dades Valley and the Valley of Roses, we will continue our way to the Dades Valley, we will enter the valley where we will take advantage of the beautiful landscapes.
- Dinner and accommodation in the Riad/hotel
Day 2: Dades Gorge – Tenghir – Todra Gorge – Tinjdad – Jarf – Erfoud – Rissani – Merzouga
- After breakfast, we will go from Dades to Todra Gorge.
- After breakfast, we will go to Tenghir city and the Sahara desert of Merzouga, passing through Berber villages on the way like Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud where we will start to feel the beginning of the Sahara oasis in Tafilalet and continue towards Merzouga.
- Overnight in riad near the dunes
Day 3: Merzouga – Khalmia – Erg Chabbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast, we will explore small villages near the dunes of Erg Chebbi such as (Hassi Labied, Merdani, Khamlia, M’fis).
- On the way to Kamlia we can meet local people showing their desert foxes or phenecos
- We can see other reptiles and desert mammals in Khamlia, the village known as “the black village”, because its inhabitants are heirs to the slaves of Sudan: After Khamlia we will stop to see the panoramic view of the golden dunes near the Algerian border, we can stop for lunch under an acacia before continuing and visiting a nomadic family living in Berber tents and caring for their herds of goats and camels.
- After this we can visit volcanic rock sites and Lake Jazmina, combining a panoramic view of dunes and the lake (in spring), then we return to Merzouga.
- We will relax for a moment, leave the luggage in the hotel, taking only what is necessary in a small suitcase to go for a ride on camels to the dunes of Erg Chebbi (for 40 min. to 1h30´), when we reach the camp we can take the Surf de Arena and walk to the highest dune to see the sunset.
- We will spend the night in nomad tents with drum music in the middle of the Sahara, is a great opportunity to take beautiful photos of sunset and sunrise.
Day 4: Merzouga – Taouz – Ouzina dunes
- We’ll wake you up early to see the sunrise.
- After breakfast and a shower in the hotel we will go to another desert of sand dunes passing through Taouz to reach Ouzina
- Visit the village Ouzina we live a few moments with the inhabitants visit the Berber orno and the gardens of the village where the people live inhabitants of the village then we leave the village we will go to look for a nomadic family who live in the middle of nothing
- We will take a tea with them and enjoy their lives so different from ours and that will make us know a little of the culture of nomads and how they live in the desert.
- We will say goodbye to the family and go to Riad Ouzina TGM your second home in the desert where we will stay and have dinner and breakfast.
Day 5: Ouzina – Ramlia – Alnif – Tazarrine – N Kob – Ouarzazate
- Departure from Ouzina after breakfast, we will go to Ouarzazate passing through many of the sections that are covered during the Dakar Rally
- Finish the track we enter the road by Alnif, Nkob, Draa Valley
- We arrive in Ouarzazate in the afternoon.
- Overnight at the hotel in Ouarzazate.
Day 6: Ouarzazate – High Atlas – Marrakech
- After breakfast, we will visit the Taourirt Kasbah and the Film Museum before departing to the majestic Atlas Mountains.
- We cross the High Atlas, crossing the highest port of Morocco, the Tizni Tichka at 2,260 m, which offers breathtaking views of valleys, mountains and Berber villages, we will arrive in Marrakech in the afternoon.
- All-terrain vehicle recently registered, usually Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- A companion driver in the same language
- Bottled water and courtesy Wi-Fi in the cars
- Dromedary ride, one camel per person
- Night in tent with private bathroom
- Food regime with half board (breakfast and dinner)
Do not include:
- Drinks at dinner
- Entries and paid visits
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Write to us and we will contact you to offer you a completely tailor-made trip.