Trip 5 days from Marrakech to the Deserts of Ouzina and Merzouga
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Telouet – Ounila Valley – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
- Departure in the morning from the place agreed with your driver in Marrakech. The route will take us to the High Atlas through the Tizi N’Tichka pass of 2,260 m. of altitude to arrive, later, at the Kasbah of Télouet where the Pacha Glaoui resided
- After this stop we will go along an old road used by dromedary caravaners to reach the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou in the Ounila Valley. This ksar, or fortified town, has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and was the scene of many film productions
- Continuation towards Ouarzazate. Dinner and overnight in riad
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Agdez – Draa Valley – Tazarine – Tafraoute – Ramlia – Ouzina (Dakar Rally track)
- Departure in the morning from Ouarzazate, heading south towards Agdez passing through the Anti Atlas mountains, the Tizi-n-Tinififft pass at 1,660 meters of altitude to reach the largest Valley in Morocco, the Draa Valley.
- Within the valley is the kasbah of Alkaid Ali in Tamnougale, visit the kasbah
- We will leave for the town of N’kob, Tarazine and Alnif, we will take the road that crosses countless small towns until we reach Tafraoute
- From there, we will go to the Ouzina dunes, many of these sections are the ones that were covered in the old Paris Dakar Rally
- We will end the day sleeping at Riad Ouzina TGM, your second home in the desert, which holds the Starlight accreditation for its focus on responsible tourism and stargazing
Day 3: Ouzina Desert – Merzouga Desert
- •After breakfast at the Riad Ouzina TGM we will leave in the direction of the Merzouga desert, again along the track of the old Paris Dakar Rally. We will cross more villages lost in the desert, we will cross Ouadis (dry riverbeds), oases and the Ouzina dunes. Following the route we will visit the well-known town of Khamlia, where descendants of the slaves who arrived from sub-Saharan Africa live, and where we can enjoy their amazing spiritual music called Gnawa music
- From Khamlia we will take the road towards Erg Chebbi, the highest dunes in Morocco in the Merzouga desert
- In the afternoon, we will go up in dromedaries to reach the tent camp located between the dunes, we will attend the sunset, and we will spend the night in a luxury tent fully equipped with a private bathroom
- Night and dinner in the camp
Day 4: Merzouga – Rissani – Todra Gorges – Dades Valley
- After seeing the amazing sunrise in the desert, we will have breakfast and now we will return in the direction of Rissani, next to the ancient Sijilmassa, origin of the Alawite dynasty and the first imperial city of Morocco
- Now we will take the road towards Erfoud, rich in black stone and marine fossils, visit one of the fossil factories
- We will continue towards the Palm Grove of Tafilalet
- Later we will approach the Todra Gorges and we will arrive at the Dades Valley, dinner and accommodation in a riad
Day 5: Dades Valley – Valley of the Roses – Skoura – Marrakech
- Departure in the morning from the Dades Valley along the route of the “Thousand Kasbahs”, to the palm grove of Skoura, there is the Kasbah Amridil where we will do a guided tour.
- From this point we will start the way back to Marrakech. Lunch on the way at the place suggested by your driver
- We cross the High Atlas Mountains again. Late in the afternoon we arrive in Marrakech
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado type 4×4 vehicle
- Complimentary bottled water in cars
- Local SIM card for data, one per car
- Accompanying driver in your own language
- Dromedary ride, one dromedary per person
- Night in a fully equipped tent with a private bathroom.
- Meals of half board, breakfast and dinner
Does not include:
- Noon meals or drinks at dinner
- Tickets and paying visits
NOTES: If this itinerary tour Route of 8 days from Casablanca to Marrakech via Fez, Merzouga desert, Dades and Todra gorges, Ouarzazate, has to be adapted to your flight plan, please contact us and we will make the itinerary to your size.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Write to us and we will contact you to offer you a completely customized and private trip